Friday, February 17, 2012

Family Metaphor Poem

Materials:
•  paper
•  pencil
•  colored pencils/crayons
•  construction paper
•  various art materials (your choice)

Approximate Time: 50 – 60 minutes

Description:
Students will think of a metaphor that describes their family.  Each family member is given a specific role within the metaphor.  Once students have written their poems on paper, they can use construction paper and other art materials to make their metaphor and write the poem around the art.

Example:
        My Family is a Beach
        My Mom is the driftwood; strong, resilient, always offering support
        My Grandma is the sand; she does her best to keep everyone together
        My Grandpa is the crab; always on the move and never satisfied
        I am the water, I find my way inside them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment